Currently, we are looking for a “REVIT Specialist” with 5+ years of experience in our San Francisco office and a structural engineer either in our San Francisco office or San Luis Obispo office.
REVIT Specialist — 5+ Years of Experience
FTF Engineering is a successful, boutique structural engineering firm with offices in San Francisco and Luis Obispo, specializing in challenging projects in the commercial, industrial, and residential sectors throughout the Central Coast and Bay Area.
Our office environment is open, communicative, team-oriented, fast-paced, high energy, flexible, and fun. We all work on multiple projects, and we strive to be an exceptional provider of engineering and innovation.
We are looking for an experienced REVIT specialist to help us develop in-house REVIT capabilities, starting with developing families and templates, and a REVIT process that will allow us to work successfully with REVIT outsourced staff overseas.
The Key Accountabilities for this role are listed below:
- REVIT drafting/modeling, creating REVIT families and templates – 50% to 80%
- AutoCAD drafting – 10% to 40%
- In office management of AutoCAD and REVIT work load, and managing of outsourced staff – 10%
- Learn and apply office standards of design, quality control, and production
- Produce accurate work as a part of a project team
- Mentor less experienced staff in REVIT or AutoCAD
- Maintain and expand REVIT and CAD detail library
- 5+ years of drafting/ modeling experience with REVIT and AutoCAD software
- Experience creating and modifying Revit families
- Experience creating and editing PDF Files using Bluebeam
- Create clear and accurate drawings that conform to engineering and FTF Standards
- Excellent time management skills
- Work diligently to meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi task and change work direction, as needed
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Be extremely service oriented and highly approachable with commitment to helping others
- Good client communication and service skills
- Have a positive & professional attitude and demeanor
- Have a valid CA drivers license
To apply for this position, submit cover letter, resume, and work samples to Elizabeth Bognar at firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please.
Structural Engineer — 0-7 Years Experience
[Positions in San Luis Obispo and San Francisco]
The key accountabilities for this role are listed below:
- Drawings that Conform to Engineering and FTF Standards
- Well-Organized Project Documentation
- Clear and Accurate Calculations
- Effective Construction Detailing
- Ongoing Professional Development
- BS Civil (Structural emphasis) or Structural Engineering, or Architectural Engineering
- MS-Civil/Structural Preferred
- 0-7 years’ experience
- Proficient drafting skills using AutoCAD
- Revit Preferred (but not necessary)
- PE License preferred, SE License a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Valid CA driver’s license and vehicle for frequent travel to Bay Area site visits
- Physically capable of navigating construction sites
- AutoCAD, Revit, RISA-3D, SAP2000, RAM Structural, Enercalc, Excel
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Provide references and work samples upon request.
DO NOT contact via phone.